Discretionary payments

Discretionary payments help residents who are struggling to pay their rent or council tax, need help to pay rent in advance or help with removal costs.

Council Tax Reduction scheme

The Council Tax Reduction (CTR) scheme helps low income households with their payment towards Council Tax. The scheme acts as a discount against your Council Tax bill.


How to claim benefits, who to contact if you need help and where to get further advice

Housing Benefit information

Universal Credit is being introduced in Brighton & Hove for people of working age making a new claim for benefits. If you already claim benefits and your circumstances have changed, you may also have to apply for Universal Credit.