Get help if you’re worried about your child’s development or learning

Contact your child's nursery, playgroup, childminder, school, college or Amaze, our local Information, Advice and Support service.

Who to ask for help

If you’re worried about your child’s development, behaviour or learning you can talk to their:

  • childminder
  • worker at nursery, playgroup, school or college
  • teacher at school or college work
  • special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO) at nursery, playgroup or school
  • inclusion coordinator (INCO) at secondary school
  • student support team at college or university
  • social worker
  • health visitor
  • GP or doctor
  • Amaze, our local information, advice and support service

What happens next

The professional you talked to will work with you to find out if your child may have special educational needs or a disability and the best way to support them.

More information

Find out about:

You can also read our special educational needs and disabilities guide for professionals, such as SENCOs (PDF 2.4MB).