Get help from a local service
If you’re having difficulty with household tasks, a local service could help you.
For help with housework, laundry, home maintenance and gardening you can contact:
- Neighbourhood Care Scheme
- decorating and gardening schemes for council tenants
- other services through our Buy with Confidence scheme
For help with shopping or cooking, you could:
- use the Easylink bus service to get to your nearest supermarket
- shop online and have your order delivered
- buy ready meals
- arrange for hot meals to be delivered to your home
- go to a local lunch club for low cost meals
Get help ordering and collecting your medication
Most GP practices offer online and telephone services for ordering repeat prescriptions. You can also ask to have your medication delivered to your home.
Get help with computer skills
If you’d like to do more things online, get free computer support sessions from Digital Brighton and Hove.
Paying for help around the home
If you have a long term health condition, illness or disability you might be able to get help with the cost of getting help around the home.
If you only need help with household tasks, you would usually need to pay for this yourself. If you think you need more help, ask Adult Social Care for an assessment.