Help with domestic abuse

If someone close to you like a partner, ex-partner or family member hurts you or makes you feel unsafe, it's domestic abuse. Find out where to get help if you, or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse.

Types of domestic abuse

Domestic abuse can include:

•    physical violence
•    controlling behaviour
•    being hurt sexually
•    being stopped from seeing friends or family

How to get help

In an emergency, call the police on 999.

Get more information from the Safe in the City website, the community safety partnership in Brighton & Hove. They also have details of organisations that can help you.

If you're affected by domestic abuse, and you live in Brighton & Hove, get help, advice and support through The Portal.

You can also report a concern about an adult to the council.

Find local support on the My Life directory.