Where to get help

Your GP can talk to you about any worries you have, and suggest ways you can support yourself. They can also refer you to other local services.

If you’re over 18 years old and live in Brighton and Hove, our health trainers can give you one to one advice and support about alcohol misuse. Send an email to healthylifestyles@brighton-hove.gov.uk, fill in the online support form or phone 01273 294 589.

If you’re under 18 years old and live in Brighton & Hove, you can phone ru-ok? on 01273 29 39 66 for free confidential help

Adults can get advice and support about alcohol or drug misuse from Pavilions. They also offer support to families and carers of those struggling with alcohol or drug misuse. Phone them on 01273 731 900.

Back on Track

Back on Track can help families where a parent is drinking too much alcohol get the help they need. 

More information 

For other local support, search the My Life directory. 

To find out what the safe drinking guidelines are, visit drinkaware. You can also take an online alcohol self-test to find out if you’re drinking a safe amount. 

Search for NHS recommended apps, on the NHS Apps Library.