Get an accessible allotment
An accessible allotment plot is divided into small raised beds with a hard surface underneath. If you have a disability or you need physical rehabilitation, you could rent an allotment plot.
Accessible plots are located at the Coldean, Foredown and Weald allotment sites. They’re designed for use by wheelchair users and those with serious mobility issues.
Who could get an accessible allotment
People who can prove they need an accessible plot because of a:
- visual impairment
- physical disability
- physical rehabilitation need
- access for vehicles, within 50 metres of plots
- a range of raised beds
- accessible paths, tracks and paved areas surrounding and leading up to the plot
- plots are 1.2 metres or 4 feet wide by 5.4 metres or 18 feet long
- plots are easy to work from each side
- a tap within 5 metres of each bed
- shared beds around the edge of the area planted with permanent fruit crops and shrubs
- a disabled access toilet at each site
Could you spare some time to help develop accessible allotment sites? If you would like to help, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.