Get emergency help with food, energy bills and other essentials
If you need extra help to get essentials you can't live without, our Local Discretionary Social Fund could help
We will be prioritising help for people affected by Covid-19 who need emergency food and fuel assistance .
The Fund can provide help with:
- buying food and groceries
- paying for gas and electricity if you pay for it by key card or meter
- essential items you need to live in your homesuch as beds, cookers or fridges
- other support you may need in an emergency
The Local Discretionary Social Fund doesn't provide cash, we'll give you vouchers instead, or find another way to help you access emergency food.
Applying for help
To get emergency help or essential items you must:
- live in Brighton & Hove
- be eligible for benefits or tax credits or
- have very low income but cannot access other help
We'll review your application once we've received all of your information.
This will be within one day for emergency help and five days for essential items.
We'll find the best way to help you, which may include referring you to an agency for budgeting or debt advice.
For more information or to ask a question about your application, you can contact our Discretionary Help and Advice team by:
- phone on 01273 293 117
- email at LDSF@brighton-hove.gov.uk