About Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR)
If your business property has a rateable value of £12,000 or less, you don't need to pay any business rates.
For properties with a rateable value of £12,001 to £15,000, the SBRR discount will go down gradually from 100% to 0%.
For example, if your rateable value is £13,500, you'll get 50% off your business rates bill.
Empty properties and charities that already get an 80% discount don't qualify for SBRR.
If you have more than one business property
You can still get SBRR on your main business property for 12 months after taking on a second property.
After these 12 months, you can keep getting SBRR on your main property as long as:
- any extra properties have a rateable value below £2,900
- the total rateable value of all your properties is less than £20,000
SBRR can't be awarded if you move into more than one business property on the same date.
Tell us about a change
If you get SBRR, you need to tell us within 28 days if:
- you take on another business property
- any of your business properties become unoccupied
- the rateable value of any of your extra properties rises above £2,900
- the total value of all your properties rises above £20,000
You can use our online form to tell us about a change.