COVID-19: resources for food safety
Find information about food safety for your food business during the coronavirus pandemic.
Find food safety guidance
- Keeping workers and customers safe during COVID-19 in restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
- Safe bulk freezing of ambient and chilled foods with required labelling
- Food safety for community cooking and food banks
- Food safety takeaway and deliveries guidance
- Video guidance for businesses looking to do delivery and takeaway service
- Guidance for voluntary groups for safe food handling
- Guidance on closing food businesses
- Guidance for food businesses on Coronavirus from Public Health England
- COVID-19 Controls - letter to small businesses from the Regulatory Services Manager (PDF 360KB)
- Coronavirus Business Companion bulletin 14 May 2020
- GOV.UK guidance on working safely during coronavirus
- 5 step checklist for returning to work
- Cleaning and disinfection advice using bleach
- Information on business closures
- Workplace safety poster
- FSA, Re-opening checklist for food businesses
How you can help
The council’s Food Safety team is linking in with the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership to help get food to older, isolated and vulnerable members of the community during this time.
In particular, the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership is looking for donations of food, equipment and kitchen consumables, like cleaning equipment and packaging.
We are contacting local supermarkets separately.
Find more information on how you can help in the coronavirus pandemic from the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership website.
You can also find other opportunities to volunteer on their website.