Determined school admission arrangements for next year
Check if there are any changes to how many places will be available and how school places are decided
Committee meeting 2019
On 14 January 2019 the Children, Young people and Skills Committee decided the school admission arrangement and coordinated schemes for Brighton & Hove schools for the 2020 to 2021 academic year.
School admission arrangements are rules used to decide which children get offered a place first, if a school has more applications for school places than it has available.
Coordinated schemes aim to ensure that every parent of a child who lives in Brighton & Hove, and who applied properly for a school place, receives one offer of a school place.
Changes for 2020 and 2021
There will be no changes to the existing secondary school catchment areas and council's admission priorities.
Read about agreed school admission priorities and school place admission numbers:
- School admission arrangements 2020 to 2021 (PDF 11.3KB)
- Proposed admission numbers 2020 to 2021 (PDF 19.7KB)
- Primary schools coordinated scheme admissions 2020 to 2021 (PDF 53.6KB)
- Secondary school coordinated scheme admissions 2020 to 2021 (PDF 56.5KB)
- In year coordinated scheme admissions 2020 to 2021 (PDF 23.7KB)
- Secondary school catchments area map 2020 to 2021 (PDF 88.4KB)