Parking Permit centre 

The Parking Permit centre at Hove Town Hall is currently closed.

Visitor permits

If you live in a controlled parking zone in the city, you can buy visitor parking permits which your visitors can use.

With a visitor parking permit your guests can park in permit bays or shared-use permit and pay and display parking bays in the zone where you live.

We have changed the way you can apply for visitor permits online.

Your allocation has been re-set, so you will have a full year’s allocation available to buy.  Your allocation runs for 12 months from the date you buy the first visitor permit from your re-set allocation.

Find your address on our zone map to find out which zone you live in and buy visitor parking permits online.

Please note this service is now part of MyAccount. If you previously used our old visitor parking permit system, those login details will not work and you need to set up a new MyAccount. If you already use MyAccount for another service such as council tax, you can log in using those details.

  • sign up for an account with us as part of the application 
  • be a resident of Brighton & Hove, over the age of 17
  • provide 2 recent proofs of address dated within the last 3 months - you can scan copies or take photos

​​It will take up to 7 working days for us to send the visitor parking permit scratch cards out to you.

Please note: landlords do not qualify for visitor’s permits.

​​Pricing and permit allocations

The amount of visitor permits you can buy depends on which zone you live in:

Zone Yearly allocation Cost
L, P, S and W 100 £2.50
Y and Z 25 £4.50
M 50 £4.50
B and D 50 £2.60
All other zones 50 £3.50

How to use a visitor permit scratch card

Frequently asked questions

How do I order more?

Login to your new account to place a repeat order.

How long do the permits last?

The permits are valid for a minimum of 12 months. Every resident is entitled to a yearly allocation, which are valid as stated on each scratch card. Permits cannot be used after the expiry date printed on them and cannot be refunded or exchanged.

The permit allows parking for one calendar day.

What if I move address?

If you have moved address you should let the council know immediately. You'll need to provide us with proof of your new address. If you still have valid permits for your old address, we may be able to swap them for permits valid within your new parking zone.

We only issue refunds for visitor permits if you are moving outside of the Controlled Parking Zone and your permits are still valid. To qualify, you must be moving to an area that does not have permit bays.

I have expired permits, what do I do?

Visitor permits are non-transferable and non-refundable. Expired permits cannot be used. Please ensure you do not buy more than you need.

I have received a penalty charge notice when using a visitor permit, what do I do?

You should check that you have used the permit, following the conditions of use.

You should decide whether to: