Early Years Activities
Ideas for activities to do with children under five while staying home.
See the government guidance on Help children aged 2 to 4 to learn at home during coronavirus (COVID-19).
Help your child learn at home
You can help your child to learn through the little things you do with them, for example:
- everyday conversations
- make-believe play
- games with numbers or letters
- reading together
- involving them in the things you are doing, such as household chores, and talking with them about it
Keeping a routine
Children will feel comfortable with a predictable routine, so try to make sure they:
- get up and go to bed at the same time each day
- have regular meal times
- turn off any electronic devices, including the TV, at least an hour before bedtime
Keeping active – 3 hours a day
Young children should be active for at least 3 hours a day in total.
Whether inside or outdoors try activities such as:
- playing hide-and-seek
- seeing who can do the most star jumps
- making an obstacle course
- playing music and having a dance-off
More information, fun ideas and useful links are available at Hungry Little Minds.