Discounts at leisure centres
Find out if you can apply for a Leisure Card to get discounts at leisure centres in the city.
Who can apply for a Leisure Card
You can apply for a Leisure Card if you’re an adult living in Brighton and Hove, and you receive one of the following:
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Attendance Allowance
- Employment & Support Allowance
- Incapacity Benefit
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Child Tax Credit (First threshold limit only)
- NUS Extra Card (TOTUM) for students
Any child under the age of 16 that lives with you, can also apply for a Leisure Card.
What a Leisure Card gives you
The discounts usually include swimming, squash, badminton, table tennis and access to fitness suites. It's best to ask in the Leisure Centre itself what discounts are available.
You can get discounts at the following leisure centres:
- King Alfred Leisure Centre
- Prince Regent Swimming Complex
- Withdean Sports Complex
- Moulecoomb Leisure Centre
- Stanley Deason Leisure Centre
- St Luke’s Swimming Pool
- Portslade Sports Centre
How to apply for a Leisure Card
To apply for a Leisure Card, fill in a Leisure Card application form, and take it to one of the centre’s listed above.
Please also take the following:
- your original benefit award letter, or an up to date bank statement showing where your benefit is paid
- identification for yourself and any dependent children, such as a UK Passport, Driving Licence, National Insurance Card, NHS Medical Card or Birth Certificate
The Leisure Card is valid for six months. When the card to about to run out, you can apply again. You’ll need proof that you still receive one of the benefits listed above.