Why you should insure

We don't automatically insure any items you keep in your council home, so you'll need to arrange this yourself.

You should get your items insured to protect you from:

  • fire
  • vandalism
  • theft
  • burst pipes

Apply for insurance

You can get insurance for your items with any insurance company, but we recommend Crystal Insurance for their reliable service and good value for money.

You can apply for Crystal Insurance on their website.

If you need help filling out the form or have another question, you can: