Make a bid on Homemove
After you've joined the housing register, you can make a bid to let us know you're interested in an advertised council or housing association property.
With some Covid-19 restrictions easing, we are planning to restart advertising properties through our Homemove choice based lettings scheme from the cycle beginning Thursday 11 June 2020.
The amount of properties will be lower initially while we restart repairs and essential checks to get properties ready, and then will increase over the following weeks.
We’ll be putting measures in place to make sure we can maintain physical distancing for any property viewings.
We’ll be asking that only people who need to be at the viewing attend and will invite one household at a time. We will need to stop all viewings where physical distancing is not kept to.
Many of housing association partners are also in the process of reviewing this process and have told us that they too are restarting with letting their properties.
Homemove is our choice-based lettings service, which lets you tell us which advertised properties you're interested in.
This is called bidding, even though no money is involved. Placing a bid on a property shows you're interested in it.
Before you can bid, you need to:
- apply to join the housing register
- send us any extra information we ask for
- get a decision letter from us saying your application has been successful
Make a bid
Once you've joined housing register and received your Homemove Sussex number, the basic steps are:
- Log in and find an available property on the Homemove website
- Check you qualify to bid for the property, as some are only for single people or families, adapted for people with accessibility needs, or another priority listed in our allocations policy (PDF 636KB)
- Make your bid online, by phone or by text
- Wait for the landlord of the property to contact you, if your bid is successful
You can log into Homemove to view all the bids you've placed.
If you need help to make a bid you can:
- view the Homemove user guide (PDF 485KB)
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us on 01273 294 400
Getting an offer
If you get an offer to move into a property you bid on, you'll normally only have a short time to accept.
If you don't accept, you may continue to bid on other properties depending on your circumstances. You can find more about what happens if you refuse an offer in our housing allocations policy (PDF 636KB).
Report a change of circumstances
If you're already on the housing register and need to tell us your circumstances have changed, you can log into Homemove and choose the 'submit a change of circumstances' option.