Make a bid on Homemove
After you've joined the housing register, you can make a bid to let us know you're interested in an advertised council property
Homemove is our choice-based lettings service, which lets you tell us which advertised properties you're interested in.
This is called bidding, even though no money is involved. Placing a bid on a property shows you're interested in it.
Before you can start bidding, you need to join the housing register.
Make a bid
Once you've joined housing register and received your Homemove Sussex number, the basic steps are:
- Log in and find an available property on the Homemove website.
- Check you can apply for it, as some properties are only available for single people or families, or are adapted for people with accessibility needs.
- Make your bid online, by phone or by text.
- Wait for the landlord of the property to contact you, if your bid is successful.
You can log into Homemove to view all the bids you've placed.
If you need help to make a bid you can:
- view the Homemove user guide (PDF 485KB)
- email us at email@example.com
- call us on 01273 294 400
Getting an offer
If you get an offer to move into a property you bid on, you'll normally only have a short time to accept.
If you don't accept, you may continue to bid on other properties depending on your circumstances. You can find more about what happens if you refuse an offer in our housing allocations policy (PDF 636KB).
Report a change of circumstances
If you're already on the housing register and need to tell us your circumstances have changed, you can log into Homemove and choose the 'submit a change of circumstances' option.