Contact us about your private rented housing

Contact us if you need help with a private housing problem, or if you have a question about our private housing services

How to get in touch

If you need help with a private housing problem, it's quickest to use our report form to get in touch.

You can also contact our Private Sector Housing team by:

  • email at
  • phone on 01273 293 156
  • post to Private Sector Housing, Brighton & Hove City Council, G14, Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove, BN3 3BQ

Housing adaptations

Adaptations are changes to your home that could make life easier for you, if you have a disability or health condition.

If you own your home, rent privately or are a housing association tenant, you could also get help towards the cost of adapting your home.

You can contact us for more information by:

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

You should let us know if you think a property is being rented out as a House in Multiple Occupation but is not licensed on our HMO register.

Contact us by: