How to find a home to rent
Get advice on the kind of property you should look for and how to find rented properties
What you should look for
It's important to know exactly what kind of property meets your needs before you start looking.
The main things to think about are:
- how much you can afford to spend on rent
- which part of the city you want to live in
- how many bedrooms you need
Other things like distance to work and transport links may also be important to you.
You can find more about things to consider when looking for a home to rent on the Rightmove website.
To find a property to rent online, you can search websites that list:
- houses and flats, such as Rightmove or Zoopla
- shared accommodation, such as Gumtree
- spare rooms, such as Roombuddies
You can also search for adapted properties for people with disabilities on websites such as Accessible-property
Other ways to find a home
You can also look for properties to rent: