Private Sector Letting Service
We can find a local family to move into your property, manage their tenancy and pay rent straight to you with our Private Sector Letting Service
How it works
Under our Private Sector Letting Service, we're responsible for using your property to house local families and manage their tenancy for you.
We'll deal with any issues during their tenancy at no cost to you, and you'll receive a steady income from their rent.
The rent you receive will be:
- paid by us monthly, directly into your bank account
- guaranteed for up to seven years, depending on the length of the tenancy
- paid even if no one is living in your property.
At the end of the tenancy, we'll return your property to you with no damage beyond fair wear and tear.
Who can apply
The Private Sector Letting Service is open to all landlords with properties in Brighton & Hove.
The service is free, we charge no commission or other fees.
Your property needs to:
- be a one or two bedroom, self-contained property in Brighton & Hove
- be unfurnished and in a reasonable state of decoration
- be clean, safe and secure
- meet health and safety standards
- have current gas and electrical certificates
How to apply
You can contact us to arrange a free appointment with one of our negotiators by:
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone on 01273 292213
After you've had an appointment, our negotiator will visit your property and decide how much you can charge for rent. Your rent will be based on:
- the size of your property
- the location of your property
- rent levels in the local area
We'll then let you know if we need any more details or documents about your property.
When you provide these, we'll give you a contract which will include the tenancy agreement and rent level.