St Michael's Way Traveller site
Also known as Horsdean Traveller site, we provide temporary and permanent pitches for our travelling communities
The permanent site is open, and all 12 pitches are occupied. The transit site is also open, with 13 of the 21 pitches still available.
What's on the site
Our St Michael's Way Traveller site has:
- 12 permanent caravan pitches
- 21 transit pitches, where caravans can be stationed for up to 3 months
All transit pitches have access to water and electricity amenities and a communal shower block.
The site also has a management building for our Traveller Liaison team.
This team can help you access:
- a health visitor who visits the site weekly
- a midwifery service
- our Traveller Education service
- weekly after school and homework clubs
- local schools for Traveller children
How to apply for a transit pitch
To check if a transit pitch is available you can contact us by:
- phone on 01273 292 044 from 9am to 5pm
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a pitch is available you'll need to make an appointment to visit Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, BN1 1JE to sign a license agreement and pay your rent and deposit.
You can find more information on the Shelter England website, including how to claim support to help pay your pitch fees and Council Tax.