Receptionist (Support Role B)
Posted on 17 May 2019
- LocationHill Park School
- Salary£18,795 - £19,171 pro rata
- Closing DateThis vacancy has closed
|Closing date||This vacancy has closed|
|Job category||Administration & Clerical|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
Grade: Scale 3
Hours per week: 37 (Monday to Friday, 8am until 4pm)
Paid weeks per year: (term time only) 46.2 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: September 2019
Closing date: 3 June (9am)
Interview date: 5 June
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Foredown Road, Portslade, BN41 2FU
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 422855
About the role
Hill Park is a special school for pupils aged 4 - 16 years with moderate (MLD), severe (SLD) or profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). Some pupils also have a diagnosis of autistic spectrum condition (ASC), complex medical needs or physical disabilities, attachment disorders and emotional needs.
We are a warm, friendly and welcoming school with a supportive and caring staff, who work closely as a team.
We require a caring, friendly receptionist who has past experience of working in a busy office. As the first point of contact for the school, it is important the applicant has a professional, positive and friendly attitude.
Candidates should be able to provide evidence of:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of a range of ICT packages, including Microsoft Office and Office365 email system
- Knowledge of SIMS (School Information Management System) and previous experience of working within a school office would be advantageous
- Good organisational and time management skills and able to use their own initiative
- Flexible, adaptable and understand what makes a good team
- Having a positive attitude to pupils with special needs including challenging behaviour
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.