Higher Level Teaching Assistant (Level D)
Posted on 17 May 2019
- Hangleton & Benfield Federation
- £24,799 - £26,317 pro rata
- Apply by 7 June 2019
|Closing date||7 June 2019|
|Job category||Support Staff - Education|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
Grade: Scale 6
Hours per week: 27.5
Paid weeks per year: (term time only) 46.2 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: September 2019
Closing date: 7 June (midday)
Interview date: week commencing 10 June
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Dale View, Hangleton, Hove, BN3 8LF
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 294874
About the role
Hangleton & Benfield federation, are looking to appoint a HLTA, primarily based at Hangleton, but could be required to work at either school.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated, flexible and committed Higher Level Teaching Assistant to cover PPA, absence and other teaching duties.
The success candidate must:-
- Have the ability to build excellent relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues
- Readiness to make a positive contribution to the full life of the school
- Support the class teacher, with preparation of resources or classroom as required.
- Be able to plan, prepare and deliver exciting and engaging learning activities for both individuals and whole classes
- Be able to record, & report to the class teacher on pupils achievement and progress
- Be able to follow and implement the schools behaviour policy, and manage whole class discipline
Visits to the school are encouraged; please phone the school to arrange an appointment.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.