Policy Partnership & Scrutiny Officer x 2
Posted on 10 June 2019
- BHCC: Strategy Governance & Law
- Hove Town hall
- £32,029 - £34,788
- Apply by 1 July 2019
|Closing date||1 July 2019|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
- To provide policy advice and analysis for members and senior council officers.
- To provide accurate and timely briefings and communication about policy and partnership issues and undertake research projects and initiatives to support the work of the Policy, Partnership and Scrutiny team.
- To represent the Policy, Partnership & Scrutiny team and the council at member, officer and partnership meetings.
- To support overview and scrutiny work as required.
- Provide effective and efficient support to Brighton and Hove Connected to ensure the effective delivery and ongoing development of city wide partnerships
About the role
Would you like an opportunity to work with key decision makers and influencers within the city? There’s an exciting opportunity for you to join the Policy, Partnerships and Scrutiny Team at Brighton & Hove City Council.
The Team is responsible for running Brighton & Hove City Council's Corporate Policy function, as well as the strategic partnerships that are responsible for many different aspects of life within the city
While the roles are essentially the same, one of the roles on offer will focus more on the Policy development function, while the other will focus more on the Partnership development and support - please indicate which role interests you most on your application .
If you would like an informal conversation to help you decide whether to apply, please contact Simon Newell, PPS Lead, email@example.com
As part of the application process we require you to answer some additional questions to support your application called 'Branching Questions'. These questions form part of the application process under Questionnaire 1 which you will find when you apply. You will also need to attach a copy of your CV.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
- Cover Letter
- CV Guidance
- Maximise your chance - Branching Questions
- Our Values
- Job Description/Person Specification
© Brighton & Hove City Council