Business Support Officer
Posted on 11 June 2019
- DirectorateBHCC: Families Children & Learning
- LocationMoulscoomb Hub South
- Salary£19,554 - £21,166
- ContractFixed Term
- Closing DateApply by 11 August 2019
|Closing date||11 August 2019|
|Job category||Social Work - Childrens|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
If you are looking to work in a fast paced, dynamic and supportive team within the Children's Safeguarding and Review service,and you have excellent administrative skills we would like to hear from you.
You will have experience of working in a busy office environment with the ability to prioritise your workload around the demands of the service whilst still managing to meet statutory deadlines. This role involves the use of various computer packages and you will provide customer-focused information to people who contact the team.
The post will involve some exposure to distressing information about young people and / or family circumstances.
Fixed Term for 12 months.
For further information please contact Jenny Harris Business Support Manager via telephone 01273 293441 or email Jenny.Harris@brighton-hove.gov.uk
About the role
Here is what our Business Support Officers say about working in Families Children & Learning:
“The diversity of duties and working in Children’s Services is what attracted me to the role”
“Supporting my social workers, I get a lot of job satisfaction doing this job – feel like I am really involved and helping families lives”
“Feeling you have helped a client in the absence of the social worker in trying to sort out their problems. Having an understanding of their case and developing a rapport with some of the parents.”
Key skills you can offer:
- A flexible, adaptable approach to work with ability to multi task effectively according to the needs of the service.
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in business support duties including arranging meetings, and taking minutes which may be of a complex nature .
- Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion.
- Inputting and retrieval of data on service based IT system
Our offer to Business Support Officers:
- Peer support from other business support colleagues across the service
- Benefits such as: bus ticket and cycle loans; reduced cost gym membership and access to ‘MyStaffShop’ where you can get a range of discounts across Brighton & Hove, as well as nationally.
- Resources to support and encourage positive wellbeing at work.
- Opportunities to undertake both online learning and group training courses.
- Group supervisions and regular 1-2-1’s with your Line Manager.
- An online toolbox of resources to support the work of the Business Support Officer
- Career average pension scheme
- 23 days leave a year, plus two concessionary days, rising to 27 days after 5 years service
We would be happy to consider anyone who would like to apply on the basis of a secondment from their substantive job. If you would like to apply on the basis of a secondment please get the agreement from your manager before applying.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
- Job Description & Person Specification
- Cover Letter
- Maximise your chance - Branching Questions
- Our Values
- Branching Questions Form