Individual Needs Assistant (Level B) + MDSA
Posted on 14 June 2019
- LocationBalfour Primary School
- Salary£18,795 - £19,171 pro rata
- ContractFixed Term
- Closing DateApply by 25 June 2019
|Working hours||See Advert|
|Closing date||25 June 2019|
|Job category||Education & Learning|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
Grade: Scale 3 (TA); Scale 1/2 (MDSA)
Hours per week:
Negotiable to the following:
Option 1: 8:45am - 1:15pm, M-F
Option 2: 12:00 - 3:30 pm, M-F
Option 3: 8:45 - 3:30pm M-F
Paid weeks per year: Term Time only, 46.2 (TA); 42.8 (MDSA) inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: September 2019
Fixed term: linked to the needs of a particular child
Closing date: 25 June (8am)
Interview date: 1 July (to be confirmed)
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Balfour Road, BN1 6NE
If you do not hear from us please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 507722
About the role
Balfour Primary School requires an enthusiastic, committed and qualified Individual Needs Assistant (INA) 1:1. The successful candidate will be expected to have experience of working with children with Communication needs and behavioural challenges in order to provide 1:1 support. Experience with ASC/Attachment is desirable. In addition, the successful candidate will provide support at lunchtime.
Balfour Primary School is a thriving and vibrant school at the heart of the Surrenden Campus serving the Preston Park, Fiveways and Hollingbury communities. Our school is a four form-entry primary school with nearly 800 pupils on roll. We are very proud of:
- the engagement and motivation of our pupils
- our inquiry based and thought provoking curriculum
- our friendly staff and governor teams
- the sense of community that exists with our families
Hours: There are 3 options. Please state which option you are applying for:
- MORNINGS ONLY: Monday - Friday, 8:45 – 1:15, term time only. This is comprised of INA duties from 8:45 – 12:00. Then, lunchtime MDSA duties from 12:00-1.15.
- AFTERNOONS ONLY: Monday – Friday, 12.00 -3.15. This is comprised of lunchtime MDSA duties from 12:00-1.15., then INA duties from 1.15 – 3:15.
- ALL DAY: Monday – Friday, 8:45-3.15. This is comprised of INA 1:1 from 8:45 – 12:00, lunchtime MDSA duties from 12:00-1.15., and INA duties from 1:00-3:15. It includes a 30 minute unpaid lunch.
All options also include a 15 minute unpaid break.
Term: INA is LGA scale 3, points 5-6 (£18,795 – £19,171 pro rata) .
MDSA is LGA scale 1/2, points 1-4 (£17,364 - £18,426 pro rata)
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.