Lead Learning Facilitator EHCP (Level D)
Posted on 14 June 2019
- LocationBlatchington Mill School
- Salary£24,799 - £26,317 pro rata
- Closing DateApply by 28 June 2019
|Closing date||28 June 2019|
|Job category||Support Staff - Education|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
Grade: Scale 6 (Actual salary £22,032 - £23,831)
Hours per week: 37
Paid weeks per year: Term Time only, 46.2 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: September 2019
Closing date: 28 June (midday)
Interview date: week commencing 8 July
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Nevill Avenue, Hove, BN3 7NB
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 736244 or visit
CVs alone will not be considered.
About the role
This is a hugely exciting role in our dedicated and dynamic Student Support team. A team that is a highly valued and integral to the inclusive and aspirational ethos of our school, where we seek to nurture the success and self belief of all of our students. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop as a practitioner and leader in Special Educational Needs supporting children with SEND to achieve and colleagues to develop in their practice. The role is ideal for those aspiring to other leadership positions in SEND or educational support more widely.
The strategic purpose of this role is to:
- Lead on the operational day to day management of the Learning Facilitator Teams, including positive reinforcement and monitoring of Student Support team protocols, professionalism and systems.
- Ensure the above work effectively to achieve and maintain high standards of support for students with SEND so that colleagues understand how to help students achieve the best outcomes.
- Work to embed understanding and approaches that will improve the achievement and care of students with SEND.
- Take strategic direction from the SENCo, acting as a link between TA team and SENCo.
The teams themselves reflect the categories of the Code of Practice, with a learning facilitator leading each one.
- Cognition and Learning
- Physical and Sensory needs
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional, Mental Health
The lead learning facilitator will support the SENCo in leading each learning facilitator through training, guidance and support. The SENCo/LA/Lead Professionals/external providers aim is to ensure each learning facilitator becomes specialists in their field. Knowledge and expertise gained from their CPD is cascaded down to their teams.
This position will provide ‘holding’ for the team, enabling the SENCo(s) to engage in the systemic changes that are required in each of the four key areas of SEND. The post holder will receive weekly coaching/supervision from the SENCo(s), along with other relevant CPD to ensure they can support others credibly, plan systematically and develop themselves. They will be required to take an effective overview of events and issues, managing these before passing them up to the SENCo.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.
- Job Description/Person Specification
- Lead Learning Facilitator (EHCP Students) - Additional Information
- Application Form
- Application Large Print Form