Posted on 14 June 2019
- LocationDowns Junior School
- Salary£18,795 - £19,171 pro rata term time and part time
- ContractFixed Term
- Closing DateApply by 8 July 2019
|Closing date||8 July 2019|
|Job category||Education & Learning|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
Grade: Scale 3
Hours per week: 31.25
Paid weeks per year: 46.2
Start date: September 2019
Fixed term for: 12 months, the post is initially temporary with a view to being permanent
Closing date: 8 July 2019 at 10am
Interview date: 12 July 2019
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address: Rugby Road, Brighton, Sussex, BN1 6ED Email: email@example.com
For further information contact the school office on 01273 558422
About the role
Downs Junior School Requires a Teaching Assistant/Individual Needs Assistant
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated TA/INA, to join our team. The post is 8.30am-3.15pm, Mon-Fri, term time only, Grade B. The post also includes a lunchtime duty.
Downs Junior is a large 4 form entry school, with 512 pupils, situated in the popular Fiveways area of Brighton. We are a happy and successful school committed to delivering a creative and inspirational curriculum whilst, at the same time, raising standards of achievement.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience with pupils following early years curriculum
- Experience of, and ability to work with, children 1-1, in small groups, and in Class
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Commitment to Inclusion
- Good IT skills
- Firm, kind and flexible approach
- Ability to work under the general guidance of the Class Teacher.
- Good sense of humour
- Firm understanding approach to supporting vulnerable pupils & those with attachment difficulties
- As we are an Autistic aware school, we would welcome applicants who have experience in this field.
We also welcome applicants who are interested in developing a teaching career at a later date.
Downs Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
For further information or to request an application pack, please contact:
Jacqui Rice, School Business Manager, Downs Junior School, Rugby Road, Brighton, BN1 6ED,
Tel: 01273 558422
Closing Date: 10am, Mon 8 July, 2019
Interview Dates: Fri 12 July, 2019
Start date: Wed 4 Sept, 2019
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.
- Job Description and Person Specification
- Application Form LARGE PRINT Schools Support Staff
- Application Form Schools Support Staff