Finance Assistant (Role B)
Posted on 21 June 2019
- LocationPatcham Junior School
- Salary£18,795 - £19,171 pro rata
- Closing DateApply by 4 July 2019
|Closing date||4 July 2019|
|Job category||Administration & Clerical|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
Grade: Scale 3 (Actual salary £4,298.23)
Hours per week: 10 (preferably 4 hours on a Monday or Tuesday and 3 hours on a Wednesday and Friday)
Paid weeks per year: Term Time only, 44 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: September 2019
Closing date: 4 July (midday)
Interview date: 9 July
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Ladies Mile Road Brighton BN1 8TA
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 087513
About the role
Located to the north of Brighton, Patcham Juniors is a thriving and successful three form entry School with currently 370 pupils on roll. We currently have a vacancy for a Finance Assistant and are looking to recruit a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic new member to join our hardworking and dedicated Admin Team. The Finance Assistant will report to the School Business Manager and will provide support with a wide range of financial processes such as orders, invoices, petty cash, ParentPay, Inventory records, school fund, claim forms, lettings, banking, reconciliations and updating/creating spreadsheets. This role requires a great deal of accuracy and attention to detail. A good work ethic and reliability are essential.
The successful applicant will:
- have experience in financial accounting or bookkeeping and be educated to a good GCSE standard, including English and Maths
- have strong IT skills and be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- be efficient, well organised and flexible to the demands of the role
- be able to work to strict deadlines and remain calm when working under pressure
- have a high level of attention to detail and be able to multi task, whilst maintaining accuracy
- be personable and approachable and have excellent communication skills
- be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- be able to work in a sensitive and diplomatic manner, maintaining high standards of confidentiality
- have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a sense of humour
Experience of working in a school environment would be advantageous, but is not essential.
The successful applicant will be joining a happy school community, with excellent colleagues who all contribute to the smooth running of the school.
Please apply directly to the school. Visits are welcomed. (Previous applicants are welcome to reapply)
To apply for this post, download an application form from the school website: www.patchamjun.org.uk (community/vacancies).
Alternatively phone the school office on 01273 087513.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.