Systems Programme Manager (Revenues & Benefits)
Posted on 19 June 2019
- BHCC: Finance & Resources
- £43,662 - £47,253
- Fixed Term
- Apply by 14 July 2019
|Closing date||14 July 2019|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
Revenues and Benefits Section – Systems Programme Manager Fixed Term to 17 May 2020 (secondments* will be considered).
We are looking for someone with the right skills to manage the overarching technical delivery of the Revenues & Benefits service computer systems. You will plan, lead and support the delivery of service transformation whilst paying attention to changes in our world and technology.
- Located in central Brighton a short walk from the sea.
- 23 days paid holiday annually.
- Flexible working within a systems support environment.
- Able to accrue up to 2 extra flexi days leave a month.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
Place of work: Brighton Town Hall
Interview date: 22 - 23 July 2019
For an informal discussion, please contact (Scott Martyn) - (Revenues & Benefits manager) on 01273 291 886.
About the role
We have a team vision of "highly skilled individuals, working together to deliver business improvements and maintaining robust systems” and we need your help.
We are looking for someone who can manage, lead and motivate our technical system delivery teams, supporting and inspiring them to cultivate new projects, create improvements and innovations, as we care for service delivery within Revenues & Benefits.
- Do you have an ability to work as part of a management team to formulate and develop technical systems strategy and then lead a team to transform that strategy into a reality?
- Are you highly organised with an ability to understand, analyse and interpret technical detail?
- Can you challenge our thinking and help us implement industry standards and solutions in a pressurised environment that demands minimal cost and maximum performance?
- Do you thrive on making a difference through managing change and project delivery?
Are you a solutions based planner, comfortable with change? Do you enjoy leading people and projects with a passion for delivering value for money and efficiencies?
Join us and lead our technical systems teams and a portfolio of projects such as:
- Digital transformation
- Digital Customer Access
- Managing Annual Billing or Year-end in a Revenues and Benefits Service
- Platform or software migrations
The successful candidate will lead and manage teams who work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver business as usual and change projects. Effective interpersonal and communications skills are essential to this position.
*Eligibility to Apply for Secondments
Permanent employees are eligible to apply for a secondment where they have:
held their current post for at least twelve months, obtained agreement from their line manager and have a defined development need that may be met through the secondment or there is a defined organisational need that will be met via the secondment
Temporary employees are not eligible to apply for vacancies on a secondment basis, but would be offered a standard fixed-term contract.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
- Maximise your chances of getting shortlisted
- Job Description/Person Specification
- Cover Letter
- Our Values
© Brighton & Hove City Council