Exams and Data Analyst Apprentice
Posted on 24 June 2019
- LocationLonghill High School
- Salary£14,855 per annum
- Closing DateApply by 15 July 2019
|Closing date||15 July 2019|
|Job category||Apprenticeships & Trainee|
|Organisation||Brighton & Hove City Council|
Hours per week: 37, Term Time only
Deadline for Applications: Midday 15th July 2019
Interviews: The week commencing 22nd July 2019
Please note, your application may be shared with the training provider.
The duration of the apprenticeship will be 24 months
If you would like to discuss the role or arrange a visit to the school, please contact Alison Carter PA email@example.com
For further information and to apply please visit the school website: http://www.longhill.org.uk/vacancy/data-analysis-and-exams-apprentice/
About the role
Exciting and innovative times at Longhill High School.
Here at Longhill High School, we have begun a journey to outstanding and we are looking for enthusiastic, determined and inspiring staff to join us. We pride ourselves on having a bespoke staff training programme which supports further development and learning.
A unique opportunity has arisen for Data Analysis & Exams Apprentice
Longhill High School have an exciting opportunity for a Level 4 apprentice in Data Analyst. The Department is responsible for co-ordinating and running the schools exams and producing data.
The Data Analyst at level 4 is run by Chichester College Group who is responsible for supporting you with your learning and carrying out assessments. You will receive additional support from a nominated mentor, throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship.
Apprentices will gain knowledge enable to;
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external systems
- manipulate and link different data sets as required
- interpret and apply the organisations data and information security standards, policies and
- procedures to data management activities
- collect and compile data from different sources
- perform database queries across multiple tables to extract data for analysis
- perform routine statistical analyses and ad-hoc queries
- use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling
- techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- assist production of performance dashboards and reports
- assist with data quality checking and cleansing
- apply the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation
- assist with the production of a range of ad-hoc and standard data analysis reports
Apprentices without evidence of level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to completing training and you may be required to take an English and Maths assessment prior to a formal offer being made.
Flexible working is supported where possible, local government salary-related pension offered, a child care voucher scheme as well the benefits of gaining staff discounts around the City and through many of the UK’s largest retailers and accessing other services. As an Apprentice you are also eligible to gain an apprentice NUS card and can take advantage of the Catch the bus4work scheme.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BAME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.