15 January 2019
Outdoor Events Strategy - 10 things you may not know about events in the city!
We’re asking for your views on how we organise events in the city – here are 10 things you may not know about events in Brighton & Hove:
- Brighton & Hove delivers around 250 events a year
- The city hosts 40 to 45 major events with more than 5,000 visitors or participants
- Nearly half of Brighton & Hove’s events are community or local charity events
- More than 70% of events take place between May and September
- The Brighton Festival, held every May, has been established for more than 50 years
- Brighton Fringe is England’s biggest Fringe Festival
- Brighton Marathon is the second-largest in the UK and 8th largest in Europe
- Brighton Pride is the UK’s biggest Pride Festival
- In 2017, 35 different event spaces were used for outdoor events
- The seven main public event spaces in Brighton & Hove are Preston Park, The Level, Madeira Drive, seafront, Hove Park, Stanmer Park, Hove Lawns.