Stay safe at Pride
Brighton & Hove Pride is a celebration of our LGBTQ+ communities. As one of the largest and most popular Pride events in the country, it is a busy weekend in the city.
If you are heading to Pride events this weekend, and you need first aid, medical help, health advice or somewhere quiet to get away from the crowds, support is available in the city.
First aid, medical help or support
Medical help or support is available in the park and in the town centre.
St John Ambulance
Medical help is available from treatment centres are available in the ticketed areas. A steward will be able to direct you or assist you in getting to them.
- Preston Park (near Brut Mens Tent and next to the Dance Tent)
- Marine Parade (opposite Madeira Place)
- Pleasure Gardens (Old Steine Gardens)
Brighton Station walk-in health centre
With extended opening hours over Pride for treatment, information and advice. You can walk in or make an appointment, there's no need to be a registered patient.
- Friday 8am–10pm, Saturday 8am–2am, Sunday 8am–10pm
- Aspect House, 84-87 Queens Rd, BN1 3XE
- 0333 321 0946
YMCA Safe Space
A quiet space for anyone who is feeling distressed, intoxicated, injured, has lost friends or is unable to get home and needs support or medical help.
- Open Friday 11pm–7am, Saturday 9pm–7am, Sunday 9pm–3am
- St Paul’s Church, West Street, BN1 2RQ
- Call 07590 229897
Cascade Creative Recovery coffee shop
A safe, recovery focused space for anyone who needs support or a quiet space.
- Open Saturday 11am–4pm, Sunday 11am–3pm
- 24 Baker Street, BN1 4JN
A confidential phoneline offering 24/7 support to anyone experiencing distress.
- Call 116 123
Find out more
If you need drugs and/or alcohol support:
- ru-ok? young people's substance misuse service (for under 18s)
- Pavilions drug & alcohol service (for over 18s)
If you need sexual health & HIV support or advice:
- Brighton & Hove Sexual Health & Contraception Service (SHAC)
- Terrence Higgins Trust HIV & sexual health service
For more information about the location of water refill points and medical support in the park, at the village party and in the pleasure gardens, have a look at the Pride welfare page.