Coronavirus - emergency fund for community groups
A Coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency fund is being set up to help community and voluntary organisations in Brighton & Hove who are supporting the city’s most vulnerable residents.
£150,000 is being made available by the council to support organisations facing unexpected costs as a direct result of the impact of COVID-19, either on the organisation or on the residents they support.
The funding will be released in three phases, with £50,000 available immediately. The remaining funding will become available as the changing needs from the emergency unfold.
Councillor Alan Robins, chair of the Tourism, Equalities, Communities and Culture committee, said: “Everyone is pulling together at this time, and we want to provide financial support to those community groups who are doing a fantastic job helping to support vulnerable people across the city.”
Grants of up to £5,000 can be applied for by community and voluntary organisations in Brighton & Hove.
The priority for the first phase of funding will be for organisations helping vulnerable residents who might miss out on other support available.
Examples of groups which could benefit:
- A service which supports people who are vulnerable with other underlying health conditions, including disabilities or mental health conditions
- A service which supports younger residents who are vulnerable through their lifestyles
- A service supports residents who are vulnerable through their social circumstances, including their accommodation.
What we will fund:
- Organisational running costs including volunteer expenses, transport, staff costs
- Small capital costs that support organisational delivery during the emergency
- Specific costs that enable the organisation to adapt the delivery of services during the emergency.
The money is coming from the council’s Third Sector Investment Programme.
How to apply
For details of how to apply, please visit our Communities Fund webpage.
We are prioritising this fund and aim to get a decision made within two to three weeks of applications reaching us.