What goes in your black recycling bin and boxes
If you live in a residential area outside the city centre, you are likely to have recycling collected through our black bin and box collection service.
Please put the following items into your recycling bin or boxes, they can be mixed together:
- tins and cans - empty and washed
- aerosols - empty with lids removed
- cardboard - flattened and cut so that it fits into the box
- paper - including directories and windowed envelopes
- plastic bottles - washed and squashed, with lids removed
Items that you need to separate
Please keep glass items like bottles and jars in a black box together.
Where to put your black recycling bin or boxes
To make sure we can collect your recycling, please:
- put your black bin or boxes on or by the pavement at the front of your property
- leave your bin or boxes out the night before your collection or by 6am on the day of your collection
- remove your black bin or boxes from the pavement after collection