When we'll need proof of address
When you apply for a school place we'll check your address matches your council tax records.
If you recently moved to the city and haven't registered for council tax in Brighton & Hove, you'll need to send proof of your address.
Please send a copy of one of the following:
- your driving licence
- recent gas, electricity, water or landline phone utility bill for your home address
- valid TV licence for the current year with your name and address
- your current, signed tenancy agreement arranged through a letting or estate agency
- your solicitor’s letter showing exchange of contracts
- your house insurance policy
- HMRC tax notification documentation
- letter from the National Asylum Support Service (NASS) or UK Border Force (UKBA) confirming you live at the address
We may also ask for proof of address if:
- you've recently changed your address in the city
- your child stays at more than one address and we need to decide which is the main home address.
Proof the child lives with you
Our school admissions team may need to see proof that the child lives with you. If we do, please send a copy of:
- your most recent child benefit or family tax credit letter which clearly states your child’s name and address
- a letter from your child’s GP, dentist, hospital or optician
- your child's NHS medical card
- your child's trust fund document
- If you don't provide the proof we need
If you don't provide proof
If you don't email us proof of your address we will assume that your child lives further away than other children applying for the same school.
Download our school application guides for more information.