Special schools and colleges in Brighton & Hove
Schools that support children with special educational needs or disabilities who have an education, health and care (EHC) plan.
SEN TEAM COVID-19 interim arrangements. Read more
About special schools
Special schools are for children with significant learning difficulties. Children at these schools may need help with:
- communication and interaction
- cognition and learning
- social, emotional and mental health
- sensory and physical needs
You can tell us which school you want your child to go to when it's time to:
Types of school
In the city we have Brighton & Hove City Council special schools, which are run by our council.
Around the UK there are also:
- non-maintained and independent special schools and colleges that are not funded by councils or run to make a profit
- independent schools, also called private schools, that are not funded by councils and are run to make a profit
Brighton & Hove City Council special schools and colleges
List of special schools:
- Downs View School (Hollingdean), Downs View School (Woodingdean) and Downs View Link College
- Hill Park School
- Central Hub Brighton
Special schools outside Brighton & Hove
View a full list of special schools and colleges around the UK, which includes independent schools. The schools in this list are approved by section 41 of the Children and Families Act.