Work has begun
Construction on the Stanmer Park Restoration Project started on 24 June 2019 in the Walled Garden area. The construction company is Buxton Building Contractors.
The project is due to be completed in winter 2020/21.
- new Lower Lodges information and welcome kiosk construction work proceeding well
- work has started on the "green drive", the shared pedestrian and cycle path which will run from the main entrance at the Lower Lodges to the centre of the park
- restoration work on the historic Frankland Monument on the edge of the Great Wood is in progress
- construction and installation of timber framework for the new cafe in the Walled Garden is underway
- relocated greenhouse now in place in the west of the Walled Garden
- work is underway on the new access road for the restored Walled Garden area
- volunteering and community planting days in the Walled Garden, run by Plumpton College, expected to start in late summer/autumn 2020
- we have a new project team in place
The glasshouse in the Walled Garden of Stanmer Park and the new team members working on the Stanmer Park Restoration project.
Download our current newsletters
Latest update bulletins from Buxton Building Contractors
Project updates from the Stanmer Park Restoration Project
To receive these updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org.