Get help if you're living on the street
Let us know if you're homeless or sleeping rough to find out how we can help
Tell us about your situation
You can let us know if you're living on the street or at risk of becoming homeless by using StreetLink.
You can contact StreetLink:
- by registering online
- by phone 0300 500 0914
Your information will go to our Street Outreach service, which is run by St Mungo's.
If you need urgent medical care or you're under 18 years of age, you should call 999.
Help you can get
How much help we can give you depends on:
- if you're legally homeless
- your level of need
- if your homelessness is your fault
If we can't help you stay in your home or find a new one, we'll check if you can get:
- emergency housing, such as a place in a shelter or hostel
- longer term housing, such as council housing
If you don't live in Brighton & Hove
You usually need a local connection to get help, which includes if you:
- live or work in the area
- have close family in the area
- need specialist healthcare in the area
If we decide you don't have a local connection to Brighton & Hove, we'll refer you to another council where you do.